Do you suffer from jaw pain, recurrent headaches or tooth grinding?
About 10% of the adult population suffer with these problems and it often goes undiagnosed.
If you suffer from any of these symptoms, then Cerezen could help:
- Teeth grinding or jaw clenching
- Pain in the chewing muscles and/or jaw joint soreness
- Radiating pain in the face, jaw or neck
- Jaw muscle pain or stiffness
- Aching pain in and around ears
- Limited movement or locking jaw
- Painful jaw clicking or popping when opening or closing the mouth
- Headaches or migraines
- A change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together
Generally we make an acrylic nightguard for people to treat these problems and they tend to work well. However, there is a new product on the market as an alternative, called Cerezen. They are two small hollow inserts that fit in the ear and hep to prevent the grinding/ clenching process. We work with an Audiologist to make the inserts. One of the benefits of Cerezen is that they can be easily worn during the daytime. If you’re interested in Cerezen you can arrange an assessment appointment with Dr Geraldine O’Hagan at
www.swords-dental.ie Tel 01 8401001.